John Keeley argues that it’s more than just Europe’s periphery that’s in crisis; it’s the entire capitalist system.
Excellent even if a tad too short article that you can read at The Commune.
|Lasarte-Oria town hall|
|Popular march to Brussels. We go slow because we go far.|
|Feminism is deeply rooted in European culture|
|Capitalism corrupts all values|
|Are Norwegian cops like these?|
The most coherent hypothesis is that the Police, once it understood that the massacre was going on against the leftist, labor youth, delayed their action. They consciously delayed it so the massacre could go on until its culmination.
The problem with this thesis is that it implies a questioning of the penetration of the extreme right in Nordic institutions, in the Norwegian State. And that is something difficult to accept, even for the victims of the Labor Party.
I accuse the Police Department of complicity by means of inaction against terrorism. And if we wonder why, I can say that maybe they hate the Labor Party, they hate the immigration policy. We know that in the USA there are police officers with those same phobias and hatred as the marginal gangs. We have many examples, through the years, of the Federal Police Department collaborating with the worst racists and terrorists of the Klu Klux Klan and the armed militias of the extreme right.
1. And in the mosque there won’t be some ceremony?
2. It’s fun and warms the heart to see them crying!!!!
3. Go to hell. Haters of Jews/Israelis, anti-semites busy with the problems of others all day—here you got some too. [signed Zionist]
4. I have no identification with an anti-Semitic country that leads to the hatred of Israel. Not happy, not sorry.
5. All in all, what they asked for is what they got!!!!
6. [in Norwegian.] Serves you right, you Nazis.
7. He is a hero, kill all leftists, expel all Muslims.
8. European efficiency.
9. It’s only a matter of time until an Israeli rightwinger will do something similar.
10. My heart with the families of all the victims. I wish you will never know more sorrow and I wish all the wounded will heal as quickly as possible and will put this tragedy behind them. Condolences and sympathy from Israel. [Norwegian and English]
11. I have hope too… that you have many more days of mourning and tears.
12. Feel a little bit of what we feel here all the time, maybe now you’ll understand what it is, terror.
13. The ugly Israeli continues to talkback. Shame on you, you bunch of people who rejoice in the suffering of others dancing on the blood. It’s a shame that you even hold Israeli IDs.
Rename Rabin Square to Anders Breivik Sq. for a good finish to my wonderful weekend.
For decades, political violence in this country has been almost the sole preserve of neo-Nazis and other racist groups. During the 1970s they bombed leftwing bookstores and a May Day demonstration. In the 80s two neo-Nazis were executed because they were suspected of betraying the group. In the past two decades, two non-white Norwegian boys have been died as a result of racist attacks. No foreign group has killed or hurt people on Norwegian territory since the second world war, except for the Israeli security force Mossad, which targeted and killed an innocent man by mistake on Lillehammer in 1973.
Norway's Aftenposten is reporting that the police did not have access to any surveillance helicopters due to holidays.
|The Army patrols the streets of Oslo|
|All the country is shocked (here the PM)|
|This image is illegal in some parts of Europe, go figure!|
... disseminating, printing, uploading, sharing, copying or otherwise publishing any images, photographs, pictures or other material (or copies thereof) taken or recorded by Greenpeace activists present within 50 Lothian Road, Edinburgh on or around 18 July 2011.
Cairn Energy is using its legal muscle to try and gag us from telling the truth about their dangerous oil drilling in the fragile Arctic environment. The company is clearly worried that our volunteers may have got their hands on their secret Arctic spill response documents and now they are determined to continue their cover-up by any means they can – even if that means impinging on important freedoms of expression.
|This image instead is legal everywhere, oddly enough|
|Argh, those pesky polar bears may get to know!|