Palestine: five more murdered by the IDF in gratuitous terrorist bombings in Gaza tonight ··> Uruknet.
Palestine: settlers uproot olive trees, grapevines near Hebron ··> Uruknet.
Italy: Unions call 24 hrs. General Strike for September 6 ··> Il Manifesto[it].
Sweden: Ikea's founder Ingvar Kamprad, Nazi to the marrow. His wealth (our money and our work, you Capitalist thief!) is surely still financing far-right extremism in Europe and around the World, beware! ··> BBC.
Catalonia: Nazi pseudo-democratic party Plataforma x Catalunya forces resignation of two elected municipal councilors for... having Black boyfriends. Spanish humor magazine El Jueves call them all jerks (right):
Jerk the party itself for pretending to be democratic and be now pictured for what they really are: racist rednecks.
Jerks the councilors. Immigrant boyfriend and PxC card? May we know what they are playing to?
And jerks their respective friends for going out with militants of such a horrible party.
··> Sare Antifaxista[es].
Kashmir: Ali Abuminah reminds us the terrible reality that Kashmiris suffer every day under Indian occupation, with constant risk of extrajudicial killings, rape, atrocious tortures... ··> Electronic Intifada.
Chile: General Strike continues today with violence (left). Will make a synthesis later on ··> La Haine[es].
USA: Environmentalist freed after White House protest ··> Rutland Herald (see also this article at Journal Star for background).
USA: Nuclear risk:
- Minor release of radiation at shattered Virginia nuclear power plant ··> Energy News.
- Virginia NPP went into automatic shut down after all, damaging the systems ··> Energy News.
- Dark colored steam from Virginia NPP ··> Video at Energy News.
- Hurricane Irene threatens Connecticut NPP (uh, actually it threatens all NYC area for what I can tell) ··> Energy News.
Japan: Nuclear catastrophe:
- Chinese researchers detect high levels of cesium-134, strontium-90 and argentum-110 (radioactive silver) in marine life East of Fukushima ··> Energy News.
- Japanese government to monitor blogs and tweets instead of using the budget to evacuate the North and contain radioactive scatter ··> Energy News.