Naturally I am, like nearly everybody, following with deep interest the revolutionary (and sadly also repressive) developments in North Africa and West Asia, but there is little I can say at this point that you cannot gather reading for example Al Jazeera or other media.
But there are other interesting things going on. Briefly:
- Anonymous denounces a plan for a smear campaign against Wikileaks by US security firm HB Gary Federal in order to protect Bank of America (more at WSWS).
- Not just in the Arabias but also in Mexico: Oaxaca teachers fight riot police in a protest against usurper fascist "president" Felipe Calderón (more at WSWS).
- Attempting to stop a nuclear waste train across Germany (video at Euronews).
- Some most recent alerts from the Gulf of Mexico no-go zone (from Florida Oil Spill Law):
- So many people poisoned!
- Life not recovering at all
- Boy who swam once in the Gulf (now dying): highest PAH poisoning ever detected!
- Another oil leak 10 miles away from DWH site, corexit being sprayed
- 2002 anthrax mail case unproven, possible other case of inside job (more at Washington's Blog).
- Wisconsin (USA) uprising against Tory governor's plan to cut social services (more at Washington's Blog)
- Bush ignored all warnings of 9-11 attacks, "Kamikaze Pilots" report as well (more at Washington's Blog)
- Interview with an Egyptian Anarchist at Freedom Press (yes, this article deals with the Arab Revolution but it's quite an original angle).