A new poll shows that most Europeans think very badly of Israel and, by heart at least, support the Palestinian position in the long colonial conflict.
A poll in the six largest states of Western Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands) showed that most Europeans think:
- In Gaza when told Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- That Israel is NOT a democracy nor treats all religious/ethnic groups equally.
- That the pro-Israeli lobby is overly influential in the UK, while the Palestine lobby is not.
- That Israeli oppression of Palestinians and settlements are the main obstacles to peace.
- That Israel is the primary aggressor, Palestinians are the primary victims. Israel is the main threat to World peace.
- That Israeli stand on Gaza (siege, attacks, flotilla attack) is illegal.
- That Hamas should be included in peace talks.
- That Israel exploits the historical suffering of the Jewish people, etc.
- That Jerusalem should be designated a neutral international city.
- That the pro-Israeli stand of European fascists ("far right") is perceived as being WRONG.