Saturday, August 17, 2013

Egypt: the third way

Something that is becoming obvious to me in the ongoing Egyptian crisis is that, by forcing the situation from a struggle between the Egyptian People vs. the Government (first Mubarak, then Morsi) to one between two reactionary forces: the Army and the Brotherhood, the revolutionary forces in Egypt have been completely sidelined while creating the pretext for a de-facto dictatorship again.

I have been missing accounts that are not pro-Brotherhood or pro-Military but sufficiently independent and cold-headed. In this sense I welcome very much the effort by The Real News Network to interview independent Egyptian analysts in two successive video-interviews, which I mirror here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, be reasonably respectful when making comments. I do not tolerate in particular sexism, racism nor homophobia. The author reserves the right to delete any abusive comment.

Comment moderation before publishing is... ON