Interesting entry (in Spanish) at Project Goliath, explaining who is who in the new self-appointed government in Kiev:
Paraphrasing the popular Spanish TV show El Intermedio, they begin: you know the news already, now we will tell you the truth.
And the truth is that this is the new Ukrainian government:
- Batkivshchyna ("Fatherland"): Julia Timoschenko's party, oligarchic-reactionary. 87/450 seats in Parliament.
- Svoboda ("Freedom"): former
Ukraine's National-Socialist Party, outright nazis advocating white
supremacy, antisemitism and xenophobia. With the renaming of the party
they have tried to present a less aggressive face, more in the line of
the French National Front but it's obviously just facade. 20/450 seats
- Pravy Sektor ("Right Sector"): nazis, self-identified with the army which fought for Hitler in Ukraine, a key force in the Maidan putsch, making up the organized core of the "protest" and taking the Parliament by force. No representation.
It is important to note that they only represent a minority (107/450 seats) of the country and that they self-elected themselves by clicking the voting buttons of MPs impeded to access the Parliament, occupied by fascist squads.
|"Election" of the fascist government (more photos at WG)|
President of the Republic: Oleksandr Turchinov (Batkivshchyna), pictured at right falsifying votes at his own election.
- Prime Minister: Arseni Yatseniuk (Batkivshchyna).
- Vice-Prime Minister: Aleksandr Sych (Svoboda).
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Andrei Deshitsa (Batkivshchyna).
- Minister of Defense: Igor Teniuj (Svoboda).
- Minister of Justice: Pavel Petrenko (Batkivshchyna).
- Minister of European Integration: Boris Tarasiuk (Batkivshchyna).
- Minister of Interior: Arsen Abakov (Batkivshchyna).
- → full list of ministers (there are more nazis, these are just a few).
National Security Council (military and intelligence coordination):
- President: Andrei Parubii (Svoboda).
- Vice-President: Dmitri Yarosh (Pravy Sektor).
Other key offices:
- Attorney General: Oleh Makhnitsky (Svoboda).
- Presidente of the Depuration Committee (in charge of purging the followers of the last elect President Yanukovych out of the administration and public life): Yegor Sobolev (independent, close to Batkivshchyna).
- President of the Anti-Corruption Bureau: Tatiana Chornobil (Batkivshchyna, former press chief of the fascist party National Ukrainian Rally).
Even more fascist than its members are their extremist measures: they have banished the major Party of the Regions (of the only elect President Viktor Yanukovich) and the Communist Party as well, they have slashed pensions to half, extended retirement age, raised gas and electricity prices by 40-50%, also transport taxes by 50%, extended the VAT, they have privatized mines, removed all subsidies to municipal social services, as well as to school meals and textbooks, allowed again the privatization of public land, remove agricultural subsidies. Although unconfirmed, witnesses' information strongly suggest that they have sent the whole national gold reserves (40 tons) to the USA already.
These are the "democratic" forces that the EU and the USA so strongly supports.